Core Values and Beliefs
1. EVANGELISM - We believe lost people matter to God and therefore, they matter to us. The Scripture says that Christ came to save those who are lost.
2. DISCIPLESHIP - We believe that Biblical teaching is a cornerstone gift. Jesus said to "Go and teach all that I have commanded..."
3. COMMUNITY - We believe Christians should gather together on Sundays (Hebrews 10:25, I Corinthians 16:2) to worship in a large group, and during the week in smaller, less formal groups to get to know each other and to be known. This is what the Apostle Paul referred to as "community."
4. THE BIBLE - We believe the Bible is reliable and trustworthy. It is the "owners manual" written by the creator, God, through more than 40 different writers over a span of 1,500 years. We believe the Bible answers life's most difficult questions and it is preferred above human opinion. Scripture is our final authority in all matters.
5. CHARACTER - We believe in integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness. Honesty goes beyond what is said or written and includes what is understood and perceived by others. We believe it is possible to live without cheating on taxes, one's boss, or one's spouse. We believe Christians should strive to live above reproach, realizing that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. It's what one does after the mistake that makes them worthy of trust.
6. EXCELLENCE - We believe excellence honors God and inspires others. We believe that God has given each of us spiritual gifts that, when discovered, developed, and stewarded, become ones best avenue of excellence. For example, gifted teachers usually teach with excellence. Gifted singers usually sing with excellence. Gifted administrators usually organize with excellence. On it goes with all 24 spiritual gifts (see the link titled "Spiritual Gift Ministry" under "Ministries" for more information.
7. LOVE - We believe love is the centerpiece of Christian life. We show our love in five ways: We love the Lord, we love the locals, we love the lost, we love to laugh and we love to learn. Jesus said in John 13:35 (Living): "Your strong love for each other will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
Our goal is to provide an irresistible place where people grow in their relationship with God. New Vision Church is hard-wired for the following kinds of people:
1. Seekers - those who are investigating God, Jesus, the Bible, or Christianity.
2. New Believers - those who have just begun a relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. Returners - those who have some church experience, but have been away for a while.
4. Maturing Believers - those who have had a growing relationship with God, in a local church, for some time.